Order of Service is the document that is given to all guests at the funeral. It contains all the information about the funeral, such as when and where it will be held, who will be speaking, and other details.
The funeral order of service usually includes:
- Information about the deceased (full name, date of birth, date of death)
- Details on who is giving thanks at the funeral (family members), and in which order they will speak
- The order that hymns are to be sung or music played
- A photograph of the deceased (if available)
- A map of the church or venue
- A description of the service, including when it will begin, where it will take place, and how long it is expected to last
- A list of all those attending the funeral (including family members)
The order of service is usually printed on a separate piece of paper and placed inside a sealed envelope. It is then handed out to each guest at the funeral. Some people prefer to print their own funeral order of service, while others will leave it up to their family members or close friends.
Professional Funeral Order of Service Printing
It’s important not to skimp on quality. You want your funeral order of service to be professional, high-quality and eye-catching, and this may require hiring a professional funeral order of service printing company.
You can find a number of printing companies online, but you should carefully research each one before making an appointment. If possible, ask for samples of their work and compare prices. Some companies will offer to give you a discount if you order more than one funeral service at once.